Preparing for Adulthood

As the parent/carer of a young person with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), thinking about your child leaving school to go to college or work can be an exciting, yet worrying time.
The booklet below describes how your child will be supported from Year 9 onwards to help prepare them for adulthood if they have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan). This process is known as Transition.
If you need to speak to someone about any of the issues raised, contact information is given at the end of the booklet.

Download (PDF, 1.78MB)